"cryopreserved"

It says that the crystals were transferred to cryogenic temperatures in an
attempt to increase their lifetime in the beam, and avoids all of the other
problems with all of the other language described.

I was really trying to stay out of this, because I understand what everyone
means with all of their other word choices.

On Nov 15, 2012, at 2:07 PM, James Stroud wrote:

> Isn't "cryo-cooled" redundant?
>
> James
>
> On Nov 15, 2012, at 11:34 AM, Phil Jeffrey wrote:
>
>> Perhaps it's an artisan organic locavore fruit cake.
>>
>> Either way, your *crystal* is not vitrified.  The solvent in your crystal
>> might be glassy but your protein better still hold crystalline order (cf.
>> ice) or you've wasted your time.
>>
>> Ergo, "cryo-cooled" is the description to use.
>>
>> Phil Jeffrey
>> Princeton
>>
>> On 11/15/12 1:14 PM, Nukri Sanishvili wrote:
>>> s: An alternative way to avoid the argument and discussion all together
>>> is to use "cryo-cooled".
>>> Tim: You go to a restaurant, spend all that time and money and order a
>>> fruitcake?
>>> Cheers,