I did this exact thing ages ago to place a domain using just predicted SeMet
positions using O's lsq commands.  Cumbersome syntax as I recall, but worked
great.

Thanks,
Steve

On Dec 28, 2012, at 10:18 AM, "Jason Vertrees" <jason.vertr...@schrodinger.com>
wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> If you're still searching for a quick way to do this, check out
> PyMOL's Pair Fitting Wizard (Wizard > Pair Fitting; see Page 20
> http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/CHEM125/pymol_tutorial_060418.pdf). The
> wizard is interactive and quick to use.
>
> This can also be done from the command line or scripted using the
> pair_fit command (http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/Pair_fit). We use
> the Kabsch algorithm (with the appropriate corrections for reflection)
> and a faster hand-rolled technique, using if I recall correctly Jacobi
> rotations, to annihilate off-diagonal values.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Jason
>
> --
> Jason Vertrees, PhD
> Director of Core Modeling Product Management
> Schrödinger, Inc.
>
> (e) jason.vertr...@schrodinger.com
> (o) +1 (603) 374-7120
>

> On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Tom Oldfield <oldfi...@ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> In you post you say you want to fit a  small number of points.  Note that
>> the
>> original algorithm of Kabsch has a number of maths pathalogical conditions
>> where points have symmetry or lie in a plane/line - this is common for
>> a small number of points (fitting residues or your example).
>>
>> The maths for an update to this algorithm can be found here
>> Oldfield   St'Fun'Gen  (2002) 510-528   (appendix C) where cross terms
>> are used to generate the eigen vectors.  This algorithm is very stable
>> for fitting a small number of points and might be more suitable for
>> what you are trying to do.
>>
>> If you want I can email you the code in C or maybe Java, though it
>> has rather a lot of other weighting schemes/masking used in the above
>> paper.
>>
>> Regards
>> Tom
>>

>>> Lsqkabsch should do the trick.
>>> Herman

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates Direct contact information
for affiliates is available at
for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are
your system.