CCP4BB members,

I am writing to recruit protein crystallographers who work with undergraduate students to consider submitting an abstract to present a short talk at the 2013 American Crystallographic Association Meeting (July 20-24, Honolulu, HI) in our session, "(13.08) Building Protein and Small Molecule Research Capacity at an Undergraduate Institution." We are particularly interested in talks that address curriculum development, best practices for integrating protein X-ray crystallography into undergraduate teaching and research, acquisition of relevant research equipment, and strategies for faculty research success and productivity at an undergraduate institution. In addition to sharing your expertise and networking with crystallography folks in the undergraduate teaching and research community, you can loll in the tropical sun as well. (For those of us in the northern U.S., this is quite appealing at this particular moment.)

If you are interested in presenting in our session at the ACA meeting, please submit an abstract ( http://www.amercrystalassn.org/2013-abstracts , *deadline March 31, 2013*) or contact me for more information. The session is being organized by Kraig Wheeler (Eastern Illinois University) and me. We would like to have a similar session every year, and build a strong community at the ACA to promote undergraduate involvement in protein and small molecule crystallography. Last year's inaugural session was well-attended, and we hope to build on that effort in 2013.

Thanks for reading,
_______________________________________
Roger S. Rowlett
Gordon & Dorothy Kline Professor