As some of you have already discovered, there is a major new release of the whole of SHELX (the first since 1997) complete with a new homepage that should make
downloads easier. To obtain the programs, please point your browser to:

http://shelx.uni-ac.gwdg.de/SHELX/

and then 'register' (top of blue menu, upper left). You will then receive the password
immediately by email and can then go to 'downloads'. The procedure has been
designed to make life difficult for spammers etc. A little program (in FORTRAN of course) turns the registrations into a sorted users' list, which I hand-edit where
necessary before it appears on the homepage, this may take a few days. The
homepage also provides access to extensive documentation, FAQs etc. Please
let me know of any problems (even typos) with the homepage and programs, with so much new material there are sure to be some bugs. The new versions replace all previous versions including beta-tests and almost all the programs have been
improved since their last beta-test version (see 'recent changes').

In particular, the new shelxe_2013/2 corrects a couple of serious bugs in the
autotracing from MR models and MRSAD present in the beta-test 2013/1.

George

--
Prof. George M. Sheldrick FRS
Dept. Structural Chemistry,