Thank you Gerard for your suggestion.

I will look into the paper you suggested and MAPMAN too.

I am "idealizing" fragments of PDB and while this would not agree when
compared with the  well  refined structure, my goal really is seeing if
these "ideal" fragments can still be identifiable when I look at the
electron density and how to quantify that.
(Ideal here refers to a small number of Phi and Psi values I picked as
"representative" of different regions in the Ramachandran map).

I picked on EDSTATS to explore since it gave individual residue information
but realize now that since I am dealing with a small sub-set of residues an
alternative is required.