De : Dhanasekaran Varudharasu <dhana...@gmail.com<mailto:dhana...@gmail.com>>
Répondre à : Dhanasekaran Varudharasu
<dhana...@gmail.com<mailto:dhana...@gmail.com>>
Date : mardi 1 juillet 2014 17:10
À : "CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK<mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>"
<CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK<mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>>
Objet : [ccp4bb] Metal ion differentiation - reg

Dear all,

              I have solved a structure (using molecular replacement) of
metallo-enzyme  which may have Zn or Ni at its active site. I  collected data
at in-house CuKa radiation. Now, I am able to locate the active site metal ion
preciously but I am not able to differentiate whether it is Zn or Ni. I
computed anomalous difference map and I got good anomalous map also. But still
there is ambiguity, since Zn and Ni have closest F" values at CuKa radiation (
For Zn = 0.68 and For Ni = 0.51). But both, Zn and Ni have different F' values
at CuKa radiation ( For Zn = -1.61 and For Ni = -3.07).

My question is that,

Can we used F' value information to differentiate metal ions?.

Is it possible to find whether I have Zn or Ni at active site of my enzyme
using  crystallographic technique?.

Thanks in advance

--
Dhanasekaran Varudharasu