From: rohit kumar
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:59 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] chloride or water

Dear all,

I am solving a data of 3.0 Å resolution. In the active site we found an
unidentified blob. The crystallization condition is (PEG 3350-25%,
Naformate-200mM, MES (100mM)-6.5pH, and Nacl-200mM).
Can anyone suggest what it could be? If I suppose that, it is chloride, how
could someone differentiate between a chloride moiety and water.
below I am showing the coot figure in two different orientations.

Thanks in advance...

--

WITH REGARDS
Rohit Kumar Singh