7 out of 1361 Ramachandran outliers (all prolines) doesn't seem high to me.

________________________________
From: CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] on behalf of Oganesyan, Vaheh
[oganesy...@medimmune.com]
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2015 9:04 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] 3BDN, 16.5% Ramachandran Outliers!!!!!

Hi Robbie and Co,

These things are happening now too. Look at the entry 4x4m. The paper got
published in January, PDB released coordinates in April. That means reviewers
did not have a chance to look even at validation report. In my opinion,
whatever it is worth, every journal dealing with crystal structures should, at
the very least, request the validation report from PDB including Nature,
Science and PNAS.
What is also interesting that at the end PDB released the coordinates with
large number of outliers. I don’t think those can be justified with low
resolution of the data.

Regards,

Vaheh Oganesyan
www.medimmune.com<UrlBlockedError.aspx>