Just for the record, the Fortran sources for all the SHELX programs are identical for Windows (32 or 64 bit), Linux (32 or 64 bit) and MacOSX (always 64 bit) except for one line that I need to comment out for Windows. I use the Intel ifort compiler for all these platforms. I pay the commercial license fee because SHELX is also used by a few firms, but I understand that the ifort compiler is now free for academic use. Most of my programs use the Intel MKL numerical library that however costs money, but I am working on eliminating it. I do all the development under 64-bit SUSE Linux and simply compile for the other platforms.

George