From: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> on behalf of Shubhangi
Agarwal <shubhangiagarwal2...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 3:20 PM
To: "CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK" <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Subject: [ccp4bb] binding protein to nickel column

Hello

I have a 10kda histidine kinase domain protein with a pI of 9.5.
It has a C-term his tag and despite using different buffers the protein doesnt
bind to the nickel cloumn. it comes out in the flow trhough.
Buffers used- 50mM tris Ph=8, 300mM NaCl
                       50mM tris Ph=7, 300mM NaCl
                        50mM  hepes Ph=7.5, 300mM NaCl
                        50mM tris Ph=8, 300mM NaCl, 10% glycerol
Can someone suggest to get ensure binding of the protein to the nickel-nta
column

Shubhangi
PhD student
under Dr. Jhimli Dasgupta