I think it is worth reporting/publishing this crystallization and
structure in addition to depositing it in the PDB and
ContaMiner/ContaBase databases.

Items you can consider in reporting it based on the following but can
take a better decision if you complete the structure to deposition
quality:

a) Crystallization conditions are likely different from the
crystallized version from the recombinant expression?

b) Try to see why the resolution might be higher: crystal size,
crystallization conditions, x-ray source, processing and refinement
programs/current protocols? Always nice to have a higher resolution
and/or better refined current structure for others to use especially
if the target also has other potential importance. You never know when
someone later can use it for homology modeling or virtual library
screening.

c) As you complete full structure determination, you may also find
additional features in the maps/structure compared to previous
reports, i.e., differences around
functional sites possibly conformational variations, endogenous or
known densities that may have some functional implications, etc.

I also think publicly-funded research that involves a complete piece
of work that may be useful for others now or in the future should be
reported since publications are also record keeping for the future.
Everything does not have to have high scientific impact today.

Best,
Debanu
--
Debanu Das