Dear Eleanor,
I think the best way is to use Mass spectrum to identify the compound.
Best regards,
Jiyong

在 2017-10-10 00:07:25,Eleanor Dodson <eleanor.dod...@york.ac.uk> 写道:
Any anomalous signal?Eleanor

On 9 October 2017 at 17:05, Gang Dong <gang.d...@univie.ac.at> wrote:
Could it be a formate ion (HCO2−)? _Gang

-----Original Message-----
 From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Stephen
Cusack
 Sent: Monday, October 09, 2017 5:40 PM
 To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
 Subject: [ccp4bb] help identifying unknown density

 Dear All,

     I am refining the crystal structure of an E. coli expressed protein at
2.65 A resolution. The crystals grew in

 0.1 M MES pH6, 0.7 M sodium formate pH 6. Ni-NTA was used in the purification.

 There are four molecules in the asymmetric unit. A particular histidine in
each molecular has clear, strong extra density which looks like a metal bonded
to an imidazole nitrogen (distance approx 2 A) with three other co-ordinating
atoms in a triangular planar arrangement (see attached screen shot for unbiased
extra density, atoms are only put in the density for illustrative purposes).

 Has anyone seen anything like this ? Any suggestions ?

 thanks very much

 Stephen

 Dr. Stephen Cusack, FRS
 Head of Grenoble Outstation of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory
(EMBL) Group leader in structural biology of protein-RNA complexes and viral
proteins

 Email:  cus...@embl.fr
 Website: http://www.embl.fr
 Tel:    (33) 4 76 20 7238    Secretary (33) 4 76 20 7123
 Fax:    (33) 4 76 20 7199
 Postal address:   EMBL Grenoble Outstation, 71 Avenue des Martyrs, CS 90181,
38042 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
 Delivery address: EMBL Grenoble Outstation, Polygone Scientifique, 71 Avenue
des Martyrs, 38000 Grenoble, France