For mice with a pressable scroll wheel it should be possible to go into the
configuration settings to enable the scroll wheel press to be a middle
click. It is typically not set to that function by default.

For two button mice, it is usually possible to configure a L-R press to
emulate middle-click. Again, you have to go into the mouse configuration
settings.

I have two mice (a 3-button and a 2-button) configured to work properly
with Wincoot in Win10.

Roger Rowlett
Gordon & Dorothy Kline Professor, Emeritus
Colgate University