Dear Gergely,

you can concatenate (mm)CIF files, without violating the grammar. Thus,
if you want to deposit multiple models at once, just run 'cat 1.mmcif
2.mmcif 3.mmcif > allmy.mmcif' for deposition. This works for CIF, and
is accepted e.g. by the IUCR journals.

Best,
Tim

 On Mon, 31 May 2021
17:53:46 +0000 Gergely Katona <gergely.kat...@gu.se> wrote:

> Dear Ethan,
>
> Thank you for your comments! I started a new thread, it was
> unfortunate that I brought this up in a discussion about B-factors. I
> really wanted to discuss something that is model agnostic and how to
> represent uncertainty by sampling. I consider an ensemble model with
> multiple partial occupancy molecules is still one model.
>
> I am not sure if it is possible to use MODEL-ENDMDL loops in pdb or
> mmcif format for storing multiple crystallographic models. I assume
> it is already possible to store multiple structure factor files (for
> refinement, for phasing, different crystals etc) under the same
> entry. In my mind, it would be a small step to associate different
> data sets distinguished by crystal ID or data block with a particular
> model number, but maybe it is not that simple.
>
> I do not want to create multiple pdb entries just to provide evidence
> for the robustness/reproducibility of crystals and crystallographic
> models. I would rather use different pdb entries for different
> sampling intentions: for example entry 1 contains all the control
> crystals, entry 2 contains all the crystals subjected to treatment A,
> etc. These would otherwise share identical data reduction and
> refinement protocols and most of the metadata. I am afraid I do know
> how the PDB and associated services work internally, but I hope
> someone here can provide guidance.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Gergely
>

> Gergely Katona, Professor, Chairman of the Chemistry Program Council
> Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of
> Gothenburg Box 462, 40530 Göteborg, Sweden
> Tel: +46-31-786-3959 / M: +46-70-912-3309 / Fax: +46-31-786-3910
> Web: http://katonalab.eu, Email: gergely.kat...@gu.se

Tim Gruene
Head of the Centre for X-ray Structure Analysis
Faculty of Chemistry
University of Vienna

Phone: +43-1-4277-70202

GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A