Dear Akanksha,

When you re-do the occupancy refinement, don't include a b-factor refinement along with the occupancy refinement.  Do them separately. Do one, then do the other, and then repeat until convergence.

If your B-factor values are either high or low, the computer will try to adjust using occupancy.  If your occupancy values are either high or low, then the computer will try to adjust using B-factors. In the end you want the best occupancy and b-factor estimates you can get by making sure the refinement programs don't get trapped.

Once you have a good estimate, I suggest that you try a few different initial occupancy values to make sure you are not trapped in a local minimum.  If you start off with a high occupancy, it should move back down during the refinement.  If you start off with a low occupancy, then it should back up during the refinement. B-Factors should do the same thing.

With a large ligand, I suspect that some of the waters will also have alternate orientations.  You also might look at the amino acids that bind to the ligand to see if there is any alternate conformations.

Best
Steven Herron