Public

Dear all,
I have been noticed that the link for application was not working a couple of
days ago.
It is back again. Please, use it if you are interested in applying!
https://jobs.merck.com/us/en/job/R176608/Associate-Principal-Scientist-Computational-and-Structural-Chemistry/

Description of the position is as follows:

We are seeking a creative, self-motivated structural biologist with exceptional
interpersonal and problem-solving skills to join the Computational and
Structural Chemistry (CSC) group in Kenilworth, NJ, USA. CSC is a diverse and
inclusive team of more than 100 structural scientists, computational chemists,
informaticians, mass spectrometrists, biophysicists, and protein scientists who
employ state of the art capabilities to drive drug design. We are an integral
arm of both discovery and process chemistry and collaborate seamlessly with
teams around the globe to innovate and invent better molecules faster.  We are
looking for an accomplished structural biologist to support drug discovery
through the generation and analysis of Cryo-EM atomic structures of
therapeutically important protein targets. The successful candidate will join
our growing CSC team and be responsible for all aspects of the structural
biology process, from sample preparation and data collection through data
processing and structure determination.
The successful candidate will be capable of advancing their own work and that
of other scientists that they oversee in the context of drug discovery projects
goals; contribute to hypotheses generation related to chemistry project and
derived from structural information; designing experiments required to test
hypotheses or recommend decisions based on a wholistic understanding of the
project. To achieve those goals, the candidate will have immediate access to an
internal Krios G3i microscope equipped with a K3 and FFI, personal assisted
collection and additional access to a variety of CROs that perform Cryo-EM work
for our Company on a routine basis. At the same time, the structural scientist
will establish a strong network of internal interactions across locations but
also to leverage external collaborations to keep our team at the cutting edge
of evolution in the Cryo-EM and structure based drug discovery fields.
Consistently cited as a great place to work, our Company employs talented
people who discover, develop, manufacture, and market a wide range of vaccines
and medicines to address unmet medical needs. Each of us is joined by an
extraordinary sense of purpose - bringing our Company's finest achievements to
people worldwide. Our Company's Kenilworth campus is located within commuting
distance from New York City.  This proximity allows for close interactions with
the quickly expanding Cryo-EM community in all specialized fields as well as
the structural biology community at large, giving easy access to the latest
developments in the field.
Required Experience and Skills:
*         PhD degree in structural biology with a minimum of two (2) years of
experience in an industrial setting (pharmaceutical or biotech company)
*         M.S. or B.S. in chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics or a related
field with a minimum of seven (7) or a minimum of ten (10) years of experience
in an industrial setting respectively.
*         Demonstrated Cryo-EM experience in sample preparation, image
processing & structure determination for atomic resolution single particle
Cryo-EM.
*         Excellent communication skills (written, presentation, and oral) that
enhance team-based progress is required.
*         Demonstrated potential to lead projects and collaborate with
scientists outside of their field of expertise.
*         Ability to drive external scientific interactions by publishing in
peer-reviewed journals, presenting in external scientific meetings and/or
establishing external collaborations.
*         Demonstrated potential to manage and mentor other scientists in
structural biology.
*         Ability to work effectively and flexibly within timelines.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
*         Experience with structure determination of antigen:antibody complexes.
*         Experience with structure determination of small molecule protein
complexes.
*         Experience with the application of hybrid structural techniques to
answer biological questions.
*         Ability to manage multiple projects and subsequent prioritization.
*         Experience with CryoSPARC live data processing software.
*         Experience with biophysical and functional characterization methods
(e.g.  SPR, NMR, thermal shift and calorimetric assays) to guide construct
design and optimization of solution conditions for successful structural
outcomes.
*         Experience using computational tools for protein engineering and
design.