Dear Structural Biologists,
apologies if I share this communication to the whole community, although the
services we provide are strictly meant for Italian scientists.
However, I hope it might be of general interest for the community being aware
of such an initiative.

It is with great pleasure that we finally announce the official opening of the
National Facilities at Human Technopole. The access of external Users
affiliated to Universities, Istituti di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico
(IRCCS), and Public Research Entities will be supported by open calls for
access. Access is granted based on the principles of scientific excellence,
with the aim of supporting high-quality research. The quality of the submitted
requests is evaluated and approved by an independent panel of experts, the
Standing Independent Evaluation Committee, that also defines the Access
Management Plan. Access will come at no costs for the selected projects.

The National Facitlity for Structural Biology consists of six Infrastructural
Units (IU):

IU1 – Cryo-Electron Microscopy: This Unit aims at identifying, visualizing, and
characterizing biological players of interest, both isolated and within their
cellular compartments.
IU2 – Biomass Production: This Unit provides access to different cell lines for
protein expression and performs scale-up of bioprocesses for large-scale
productions.
IU3 – Biophysics: This Unit is a technological platform for biophysical
characterization of macromolecules and their interactions
IU4 – Structural Proteomics: This Unit relies on crosslinking mass spectrometry
(XL-MS) to provide topological and structural restraints on protein-protein
interactions in samples ranging from purified protein complexes to cellular
fractions.
IU5 – Dynamic Single-molecule: This Unit provides tool to visualise biological
processes in real-time with single-molecule sensitivity thanks to cutting-edge
instruments that combine optical tweezers with fluorescence and label-free
detection modules.
IU6 – Technology Development: This Unit, planned to be operational in
2026-2028, will be where all other units converge when it comes to pushing
technological limitations in the field of integrative structural biology.

National Facility Main Webpage:
https://humantechnopole.it/en/national-facilities/

National Facility for Structural Biology (Service List + Technical Info):
https://humantechnopole.it/en/facilities/national-facility-for-structural-biology/

For general enquiries about the call: national.facilit...@fht.org
<mailto:national.facilit...@fht.org>

For technical enquiries about the services: nf.structuralbiol...@fht.org
<mailto:nf.structuralbiol...@fht.org>

Best,

Sebastiano

Sebastiano Pasqualato
Senior Manager Biophysics
National Facility for Structural Biology
Human Technopole
Palazzo Italia
Viale Rita Levi‑Montalcini, 1
20157 Milan, Italy