Well, for one, I wanted to answer because I understand the need to maximize income from a sale, and happen to own the same equipment they're selling.

No one here has to buy this system or pay any more than they want to, so I don't see any abuse occurring.

You use the word "profit" but there's no profits involved here unless for example, they bought the machine for $500 and sell it for $1000. The sale is a loss to them which they're trying to minimize (yes, I understand the "losses" might've been long written off by now, but it's still a LOSS).

- J.

On 12/8/2015 10:15 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Why would anyone here want to contribute to such a question? The outcome is unlike to be contributing anything here anyway.

(Or maybe I'm just naive in thinking that people who request assistance to maximize their profits targeting the same crowd they ask for assistance from (for free) is abusive.)

    Johnny

On 2015-12-08 15:09, Noel Chiappa wrote:
So I know someone who has a working 11/34 (4 RLO2's and the 11/34 in an H960, running RSTS/E) they want to sell, and they want to know how to maximize the value - i.e. whether to sell it as a complete working system, or to part it out - and if the latter, how to break it up?

(No discussion about the morality of parting it out, please; this is owned by a business, and they need the money to pay people's salaries.)

So which direction would get the most money? My sense is that parting it to the maximal degree possible (e.g. sell each drive separately, sell the memory separately from the CPU, sell the feet separately from the H960, etc) is the way to get the most money, but I'm interested to hear what others think.

Thanks for any insights!

    Noel