On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 9:06 AM Bill Gunshannon via cctalk <
cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> And with this, I am done. At least until this silly question comes up
> again in the future as I am sure it will.

Yea. It's a lot like the folks claiming that the Caldera license grant was
invalid because a judge later ruled the copyrights never left Novel, so
Caldera couldn't make the grant to ancient Unix. It's a big messy area that
the current Unix copyright holders aren't wading into at all (in that case,
it's exacerbated by the fact that 32V was distributed w/o copyright
notices, casting there being a copyright to convey at all). It's
interesting to look at the different points of view, but absolute clarity
likely is not going to be forthcoming.

Warner