On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Håkan Kvist wrote:

Hello.

Today thought I would download and build centerim5, just in order to
have a look at it, and maybe to find an easy todo or two to have a
look at.

The problem was that couldn't arse myself to find out how to properly
install/prepare libpurple so that it is found by ceterim5's configure
script.

If someone could provide "an idiot's guide how to build centerim5"
(preferably on the wiki), that would be quite nice. I have no intrest
in compiling/installing the whole pidgin-thingie...

An idiots guide is not what I'm going to give you, but the following steps might help you:

1) download pidgin sources
2) ./configure them
3) go into the libpurple directory and
4) make it
5) make install it

After this libpurple should be found automatically. If it isn't, find the file `purple.pc' and set the environment var PKG_INCLUDE_PATH (or something like that, the error you get when ./configuring should tell you what it actually is) to the full path of the file.

Also, if this works for you, you are invited to put this on the wiki :)

best regards
Håkan

Greetings/Groetjes

Mark Pustjens

--
He glanced cautiously at the dancing shapes, which made weird and worrying
shapes on the far wall - strange biped animals, eldritch underground things...