On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 10:53:28PM +0100, Mark Pustjens wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Håkan Kvist wrote:
>
> >Hello.
> >
> >Today thought I would download and build centerim5, just in order to
> >have a look at it, and maybe to find an easy todo or two to have a
> >look at.
> >
> >The problem was that couldn't arse myself to find out how to properly
> >install/prepare libpurple so that it is found by ceterim5's configure
> >script.
> >
> >If someone could provide "an idiot's guide how to build centerim5"
> >(preferably on the wiki), that would be quite nice. I have no intrest
> >in compiling/installing the whole pidgin-thingie...
>
> An idiots guide is not what I'm going to give you, but the following steps
> might help you:
>
> 1) download pidgin sources
> 2) ./configure them
> 3) go into the libpurple directory and
> 4) make it
> 5) make install it

Well, it seems to work, havn't got it to compile yet though.

It seems like centerim5 requires libgmm-2.4 version 2.12.8 or
higher.

My machine runs Debian stable which includes the 2.12.0 version of
that library, so the compilation fails.

Anyway, I'll update the wiki when I get it compile properly.

regards
Håkan