On 7/1/2014 9:40 PM, James A. Peltier wrote:
> inode64 is a mount time option and it is a one way option as well.  Once you
> mounted a filesystem with inode64 you can't go back.  It has to do with inode
> allocation.  If you have older operating systems mounting a filesystem with
> inode64 will lead to "odd behaviour" because it allows the inodes to be
> allocated anywhere in the filesystem instead of "stuck" within the first 1TB.
>  inode64 leads to better filesystem performance for large filesystems.
> Nothing need be done during the mkfs portion.
if you don't use inode64, once the first 1TB is completely filled, it
will have no more room for inodes.

I just noticed, the OP is running a large XFS system on EL 5 ?  I didn't
think XFS was officially supported on 5, and was considered
experimental.   I would strongly urge installing centos 6.latest ASAP
and using that instead