On 09/27/2011 11:55 AM, James A. Peltier wrote:
> I seem to have this very odd issue with CentOS 6 WRT NIS.  I have taken the
> package selection that I used with CentOS 5 and basically plopped it into my
> C6 kickstart file (see below).  On C5 this works just fine and I'm able to
> log in with NIS credentials just fine.  However, it looks like on C6 if you
> use a package selection like this, you also need to specify the yp-tools
> package as part of the kickstart *even though* you specify an authentication
> method of NIS in the kickstart.  Seems like a bug to me?!?
since you mention nis, i'll guess you use automount as well.  so be
warned that centos 6 has some issues with automount.  if automount
requests are made rapidly (like on a mail server delivery to a large
alias), it will quickly start failing to mount directories and get stuck
that way for minutes.  i don't have access to r*dh*t box to determine if
this has been fixed with all the 6.1 updates.  needless to say i can't
roll out centos 6 yet.

i have filed a centos bug (4984), but since i can't compare against
upstream, i don't know for sure where the problem lies.