thank you Dave. I'll ask him.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/15/2004 11:54:21 AM >>>
> Have any of you experienced any issues simliar to this with
> the JDBC driver with SQL 2000 server?
>
> 1. Two weeks ago, they switched over to MX and it bombed
> under load - it was producing constant sql deadlocks.  They
> believe they were able to track down the problem with some
> stored procedures - why would this issue cropped up in MX and
> not in CF5. Is it because MX is not as forgiving as CF5?
>
> 2.   Then another major error occurred:
>
> Operation failed on the data source named "whatever5sql".
> Reason of failure
>
> "[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Statement(s)
> could not be prepared."

I've experienced all sorts of JDBC problems with MS SQL Server. Have
you
applied Updater 1? This provides a newer version of the DataDirect
JDBC
drivers, which fixes a bunch of SQL Server problems. If that doesn't
work,
you might try using the free JDBC driver for SQL Server 2000 from the
Microsoft site, which fixes other problems. Or, you might try JTurbo
from
New Atlanta; I don't have much experience with it yet but have heard
very
good things about it. Unfortunately it's not free, but if it works it
might
be worth the money to you.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/