> I'm setting up a new server where the website files will be
> on D:\Websites...
>
> Example:
>
> D:\Websites\Virtual_Trial
>
> IIS is setup with a virtual website called Virtual_Trial and
> the Home Directory points to D:\Websites\Virtual_Trial...
>
> There's only 1 file in the folder...Index.cfm
>
> I can view the file using the browser path
> D:\Websites\Virtual_Trial\Index.cfm,
> but if I try http://localhost/Virtual_Trial/index.cfm, I get
> a "File Not Found" error.
>
> What am I missing?

If you have a virtual website called Virtual_Trial, that website is
configured to accept requests coming to one or more IP addresses, and may be
configured to require a Host header. If you want to have multiple virtual
websites on a single machine, listening on a single IP address, you will
need to configure them to use different Host headers. For example, I might
have two virtual servers on my machine like so:

IP address: 127.0.0.1
Host header: www.foo.com
Web root directory: d:\websites\www.foo.com

IP address: 127.0.0.1
Host header: www.bar.com
Web root directory: d:\websites\www.bar.com

Because these Host headers don't correspond to real DNS entries anywhere,
I'd have to modify my hosts file to associate 127.0.0.1 with both hostnames.
I wouldn't be able to use "localhost" or 127.0.0.1 to access either site
directly in that case.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/