From: Dave Carabetta
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:13 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Patching ColdFusion 6.1 running inside of JRun?

Are you saying that you're using MX 6.0 right now, and not 6.1? If
you're on 6.0, do not just install each individual hotfix, as there
were some significant improvements made in the official 6.1 updater
that no individual hotfix contains.

What Operating System are you deploying on? The version you downloaded
is only for non-supported platforms (i.e., Mac). If you're on Windows,
Linux, Solaris, etc., there are specific downloads for each OS type,
found here:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/downloads_updates.html#updater

Did you use these instructions to install the Updater?

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/coldfusion/mx61updater/re
leasenotes_cfmx61_updater.html

If you're already using MX 6.1, then you simply need to download each
post-6.1 hotfix and unzip the jar file into your
{jrun_root}/servers/lib directory and restart each instance. Some of
the TechNotes for each hotfix might have other instructions if it's
not a simply jar file, but this is the general process.

Hope this helps?

Regards,
Dave.