>" AJAX still makes more sense for most RIA type interfaces IMHO...using
>existing skills "
> Unless your existing skills are flash or don't include much js coding then
> flex smokes ajax.

Well I can't comment on weather or not it smokes AJAX as I haven't played with
it enough, but I'll give ya the fact I shouldn't have assumed what everyone's
skills are (although it is a CF list, so CF/HTML/JS/CSS are the most likely as
they are kind of core to web dev.

> They both have problems though, flash based ones are at the mercy of
> microsofts typical crappy implemintations and their new plugin for it is a
> big
> flop (gee imagine that) and ajax has the issues of ppl turning js off because
> they are scared of getting virus' via js (hey ppl get a mac then geezo)

1) "people" should be replaced with "programmers/developers" simply because a
load of folks online couldn't spell JavaScript let alone know how/where to turn
it off IMHO

2) Ummmmm...with Intel chips in Macs...how long before virus start jumping OSes
on those dual boot Win/Mac machines?? ;-)

> hey brian I was just up in your neck of the woods steelhead fishing on the
> skagit :)

.....just a little further north and get off the mainland to the island....oh
yeah...and cross the border into Canada....then yer in my neck of the woods ;-)

How was the fishing?

Cheers

> ~Dave the disruptor~

Bryan Stevenson B.Comm.