doing any extensive Java or Javascript editing professionally I think the issue
is moot.

I've used CFEclipse since the first week it was released and I appreciate
Spike's and Mark's work on making the first real CF IDE, but I think IntelliJ
is far superior to Eclipse as a multi language IDE. The CFML plugin is not
feature complete with CFEclipse but the rate of improvement is quite
encouraging!

I'd recommend anyone who has large javascript libraries to try out IntelliJ and
see how nice it is to have an IDE that treats javascript like a real
programming language, I've used Aptana and JSEditor in eclipse and they really
can't compare. You can actually refactor methods and variables across an entire
project.

Also I have to mention the java refactorings available in IntelliJ are very
impressive and time saving, I haven't really used the Flex/AS3 editor but from
what I understand you get to use the same refactorings.

Just my 2 cents, and again I don't work for JetBrains but I do really enjoy the
IDE, and find its cost to be worthwhile.

Kenton

PS, if cost is truly a big deal and you don't mind living on the edge you can
use the  EAP releases (a beta) which includes a 30 day trial and is released
once a week.