As an example of this, learning MVC and DI in Coldbox made it much
easier to dive into .Net MVC when I was working in a .Net/C# shop.
There were certainly some differences in how things were done in each
framework (Coldbox was better than .Net MVC in pretty much every way,
though .Net MVC got much better in later versions) but the concepts
were mostly the same. I understood models, controllers, views, helper
functions, dependency injection, etc and it became a matter of picking
up the particulars of the new framework and the differences in
underlying language (CF vs C#).  Definitely helpful to me as a
developer.

Judah