From: list peters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 3:16 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CFOBJECT and Excel Column widths

ben forta described how to do this (variable width columns), along with
formatting etc in his web application construction kit book.

start a new excel document, and enter a test row how you would like...
apply
all formatting, column widths, etc, and then save as HTML.
Open up the HTML file created, stick in your query, and your cfoutputs
around the tables (like you would normally), and then serve it up with
cfcontent.

goodluck!

chad

> I've been using <cfcontent> to output query results in Excel. My
client
now
> wants the width of the spreadsheet columns being generated to
automatically
> size to the length of the longest string returned from the query.
Does