Chad Phillips ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> One "what if" I was thinking about is lets say the RIAA compiles a list of
> keys of copyrighted works and then randomly picks node operators and tries
> to legally force them to check for these keys.

(1) Where's their search warrant?

(2) frequest KSK@some/file/that/they/want/to/delete.mp3 foo.mp3
    finsert KSK@the/same/file/with/a/different/name.mp3 foo.mp3
    del foo.mp3

> The point being to scare
> people away from using freenet on their home PC or scare ISP's into blocking
> freenet traffic (I guess you could do this by blocking all but a few ports
> used for regular web surfing).

NNTP, POP3, SMTP, IMAP, IRC, ICQ, FTP, HTTP, ....

If you think the Internet just means "web surfing", you've already
been brainwashed.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |

PGP signature