From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 9:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 1969 door panels & headliner

In a message dated 3/20/2004 3:13:58 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Also, I'm going to try to finish installing the headliner this weekend.
anybody know how the sail panels get attached?

hi John are you talking about how the material is attached to the card
board? or the cardboard to the car?
if the material- i just spray some of that glue on the back side edge of the
cardboard and wrap them like a x-mas gift- other wise the glue may bleed
through the card board (if sprayed on the front side). the cardboard usually
attaches to the car with a clip similar to the door panels- there should be
a little holder on the back side of the cardboard for the clip- it was on my
nova and my buick, i have never actually done a el camino- also i have a 71
and 72 elcamino i could measure how long the metal top plate is on them if
you wish.
Harlan