From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-boun...@puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of
Anthony Holloway
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:13 PM
To: Cisco VoIP Group <cisco-voip@puck.nether.net>
Subject: [cisco-voip] UCCX Custom Call Variables - Script to Script Transfers

I'm working on a menu selection tracking solution, which survives across
transfers between department IVRs.  It's not going well.  In fact, I'm 99%
positive it's not possible, and I might have to look outside of UCCX to solve
this.  I.e., DB or WS integration

Scenario: Caller dials Main Line script, selects option 7 for Help Desk, caller
gets transferred via Call Redirect step to the Help Desk script, selects option
2 for password reset, then speaks to an Agent.  Each script is writing CCV1
with the menu selections made during the script execution.

I'm seeing in the callcontactdetail (CCD) table that the Session Seq Num 0 is
written immediately after the transfer to the Help Desk, and includes the CCV
value of 7.

However, and here's the unexpected part, the Session Seq Num 1 is also written
to the CCD table at the same time, with the same CCV value: 7, despite the call
still being active on the second script.  Then when the call is disconnected,
the CCV does not change or get updated for the Session Seq Num 1, which was
already written to the CCD table.

Example CCD Record Set - This query was ran while the call was active on the
second leg (seq num 1) and before the call reached an Agent).

admin:run uccx sql db_cra select limit 2 startdatetime, sessionid,
sessionseqnum, applicationname, applicationtaskid, originatordn, callednumber,
customvariable6 from contactcalldetail where originatordn like '%16125551212'
order by startdatetime desc
STARTDATETIME            SESSIONID    SESSIONSEQNUM  APPLICATIONNAME
APPLICATIONTASKID  ORIGINATORDN  CALLEDNUMBER  CUSTOMVARIABLE1
2017-07-18 20:36:57.856  50000326646  1              HelpDesk
47000343967        +16125551212  +16125551313  7,
2017-07-18 20:36:36.872  50000326646  0              MainLine
47000343963        +16125551212  +16125551313  7,

Recall that both records are written to the CCD table after the transfer from
the Main Line to the Help Desk, but while the call is still active on the Help
Desk script, and before the call is sent to the Agent.

Anyway, all of your thoughts, opinions, confirmations and disputes are all
welcomed.  Thanks.