Am 09.07.2011 12:50, schrieb Andrey V. Martyanov:
> My company prefer closed source strategy, there are several reasons. Yes,
> ClamAV can save us from writing custom engine. Our goal is to develop
> all-in-one antivirus solution (realtime scanner, update manager etc). Now
> it's unreasonable to build custom anti-virus engine, signature bases, memory
> scanner and all the stuff. The best solution is to attach the libclamav and
> to use the native antivirus bases. But we don't want to violate the GPL
> license. LGPL can save us, but it's unclear which parts of ClamAV
> destributed under the LGPL license.

The documentation states rather clearly that LibClamAV is GPL, not LGPL.
See http://www.clamav.net/doc/latest/html/node35.html.

Why don't you run the ClamAV daemon unaltered (you could even start it
from your software) and then use the well documented interface for
scanning? (see http://www.clamav.net/doc/latest/html/node28.html).

There is no performance penality in that, and when using file descriptor
passing on Unix, it is indeed very fast.