On Thu, 5 May 2005, Daniel J McDonald wrote:

> At our company, all webmail is blocked and policy forbids it's use, as
> it is harder to scan those messages for viruses (and the last time we
> got hit by a mass-mailing worm - Melisa - was due to a person using
> web-mail.)

We still sell Unix shell accounts mostly to people in this situation. ssh
isn't usually blocked, so they keep a window logged in and use pine (or
mutt, or elm, or . . .).  From home they can use IMAP.

Then there are the paranoid people who only read via shell account so they
can't ever get a virus . . . .

Chris Candreva  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/