You make this harder than is necessary. Create a directory for your preferred signature files in it (/var/lib/crazyclam, for example), put your preferred signature files in it, create a new clamd config file (crazyclamd.conf, for example) with that directory defined (DatabaseDirectory /var/lib/crazyclam, for example), and use clamd --config-file=/path_to/crazyclamd.conf to start clamd.

dp