Dear clapf-users,

I wonder does anyone use (and really) need ldap support?
Ldap can be used to store user preferences, such as to
determine what to do with spam.

The latest stable (0.3.29) version has added introduced
real sql support and (at least from the developer point
of view) it would be much more easier to store everyting
in an SQL database (MySQL or SQLite3).

I just finished SQLite3 support for the spamdrop utility.
And testing (I mean using) it for a week or so. It may
prove to be useful if you have multiple users with different
email patterns and you don't want then to share their
token database.

Currently the clapf binary has a hard time to apply personal
token data to any single user (unless the email has only one
recipient). I may try the LMTP protocol instead of SMTP.
The spamdrop utility (which can be used from the maildrop LDA)
makes this a piece-of-cake. So I encourage you to give a chance
to spamdrop. I turned off the antispam feture in clapf then
I configured maildrop to pass every incoming email through
the spamdrop utility which checks whether the message is
spam or not.

I also plan to redraw the spam quarantine and would like you
to tell me what features you want from it or do you ever want
to use the spam quarantine. If you are not interested in the
spam quarantine, I may throw it away from the source code.

You may noticed in the 0.3.29 version that I wrote a little
daemon called qs. It implements a query cache to speed up
the query of the tokens from the sql backend. It uses a
threaded model instead of forking to use only the minimum
required memory.

It may listen on a TCP or Unix domain socket. It's important
to note that it offers no authentication so it may not be
good for you if your users may abuse it by accessing it directly.

I also use clapf on a smarthost (a mail gateway of a web server)
and I let qs to load all the tokens into memory then let clapf
query the tokens from the cache. It resulted a very fast operation
suitable for handling a high volume email traffic.

If you have any questions or you miss a feature, or you need some
help deploying clapf just let me know.

Digitally yours,

SJ.