On Wed, August 27, 2008 12:14, Janos SUTO wrote:
> Hello Chris,

First I must say, it helps if I would think before changing things...
Narhg! ;)

>  >>The first time I used spamdrop, it ended up with not finding the
>  >>right queue directory. It searched in /var/lib/clapf/queue as it
>  >>is defined in the source. The problem is, that I set the queueudir
>  >>to another path in the config file.
>  >>Sure one can set it during compile time, but I assumed if there
>  >>is an option for it in the config file which is honored by clapf --
>  >>spamdrop will use it also.
>
> It may be a little confusing. The queueudir is for the mail
> administrators only if they want to keep the queue files for later
> inspection or debugging an error. Normally it's not needed. Please note
> that only the clapf daemon honors it. I have added a similar quote to
> example.conf.

OK, I see.

> The users' queue directory is different. A It's used to store a user's
> emails used by the spam quarantine applications and for training.

As I wrote in the beginning thinking and reading helps.
User's emails are only stored if store_meta_data is enabled, correct?
If yes, then all my queuedir checking voodoo is sensless and the part
where buf is set to the user's queuedir could be moved into the later
store_meta_data if-condition (where the actual chdir takes place).
Sounds this more reasonably?

>  >>Another reason would be the creation of a binary package. By using
>  >>defines, there is no way to change paths according to special needs.
>
> After installation it does not make much sense to change the users'
> queue directory often...

Yep, but I mean binary packages for Distributions. And maybe one
user (like me) wanna have it in /var/spool/clapf someone else
in /tmp.

[...]
>  >>If yes, then I don't need it, because the number of users on the
>  >>mail server doesn't exceed five. And the differences in content
>  >>aren't this big (I know it ;) .
>
> Ok, this needs a little clarification, in the meantime, I have added the
> following to the example.conf
>
> ; If you are using spamdrop (not the clapf daemon), you have two options
> ; 1. You may specify this variable, then every user will share this
> ; token database (=shared database) OR
> ; 2. comment this variable out, and spamdrop will figure out where the
> ; users' individual token databases are.
>
> In other words: just set the sqlite3 variable, and every user will use
> that database file.

Yes, I understand.
So the usersqlite3dbfile (and the mydb pendant) aren't much usable.

Sorry for this much misunderstanding und confusion.

Ciao
Chris