The following seems to do it;

(defmacro with-thread [nm & body]
 `(let [thread# (Thread. (fn [] (do ~...@body)))]
    (if ~nm (.setName thread# ~nm))
    (.start thread#)
    thread#))

(with-thread "foo" (println "HasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfI"))
#<Thread Thread[foo,5,main]>
user=> HasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfI

Also, macroexpand-1 really helps when writing macros. You can see
exactly how it's being expanded and it's then somewhat easier to
debug;

(macroexpand-1 '(with-thread nil (println "HasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfI"))
(clojure.core/let [thread__112__auto__ (java.lang.Thread.
(clojure.core/fn [] (do (println
"HasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfI"))))] (if nil (.setName
thread__112__auto__ nil)) (.start thread__112__auto__)
thread__112__auto__)

Regards, Adrian.