Tassilo,

> Not that I know of.  But you could try to run the ansi translation in
> sldb-mode-hook.

> (defun th-ansi-colorize-buffer ()
>  (ansi-color-apply-on-region (point-min) (point-max)))
>
> (add-hook 'sldb-mode-hook 'th-ansi-colorize-buffer)
>
> It might be that the hook is run before the stacktrace is actually
> inserted in the buffer.  In that case, you should add the colorizing
> function into a buffer-local after-change-functions hook like so:

> (defun th-ansi-colorize-buffer ()
>  (ansi-color-apply-on-region (point-min) (point-max)))
>
> (defun th-sldb-mode-init ()
>  (add-hook 'after-change-functions 'th-ansi-colorize-buffer t t))
>
> (add-hook 'sldb-mode-hook 'th-sldb-mode-init)

The first option didn't do anything. Calling th-ansi-colorize-buffer
manually on the sldb buffer gave me an error saying that the buffer is
read-only.

The second option gives an error the moment the sldb buffer comes up. It says -

error in process filter: insert: Wrong number of arguments: (lambda
nil (ansi-color-apply-on-region (point-min) (point-max))), 3

Regards,
BG

--
Baishampayan Ghose