From: "CNC boat owners, cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "Rick Brass" <rickbr...@earthlink.net>, "CNC boat owners, cnc-list"
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:56:04 PM
Subject: Re: Stus-List EasyBlock Mainsheet Traveler

My bow lights are Perko. Don't know if they still make that exact light. This
looks close:
http://www.perko.com/catalog/navigation_lights_under_20_meters/7/side_lights/ .
Lenses are available

Joel

On Wednesday, October 29, 2014, Rick Brass via CnC-List < cnc-list@cnc-list.com
> wrote:

Four or five years ago, I replaced the bulbs in my existing running lights and
stern lights with LED bulbs. IIRC I got them from Dr. LED and the red and green
bulbs were about $10 or $11 each, and the bulb for the stern light (I think it
is called a festoon bulb, a cylinder that has pointy contacts on each end) was
about $5 or $6.

The bulbs in my running lights are a type 90 bulb, which is sort of hard to
come by anyway. The supplier explained I needed a green bulb behind the green
lens and a red bulb behind the red lens to get maximum light transmission and
meet the USCG 2 mile visibility standard. Much of the light generated by a
white light is apparently absorbed when it goes through the green lens.

I asked about a 5 mile bulb, but was told that there was no point on a light so
close to the surface. As part of the mast rebuild, I installed a 5 mile
tricolor light at the top of the mast for use when offshore.

I recently noticed that the teardrop (I kind of think of them as cat’s eye)
running lights on my bow are beginning to corrode and look shoddy after 38
years of service. I, too, wonder if there is a direct replacement for the old
light fixtures available somewhere.

Rick Brass

Imzadi C&C 38 mk 2

la Belle Aurore C&C 25 mk1