I appreciate windows in hulls that were designed for it. I spent some time on a
Beneteau that had them tastefully throughout and anyplace you could sit, there
was a nice window placed so you could see out and see the horizon. The glass on
this particular 55' Sense design looked like 3/4" thick and I was very careful
when we docked to strategically place fenders to keep pressure away from any
window. Their glass was slightly curved and mated to a very wide recessed
flange molded into the hull. All corners were rounded. The outside surface of
the window was even with the hull so it was very sharp looking. IMHO, I don't
think it practical to try and add hull windows to our boats.

Chuck, Resolute, 1990 C&C 34R