It looks like I need to investigate my electrical connections.  The wiring
on Siento el Viento has evolved over many years and the ground to the
engine looks like it needs a serious cleanup.  So I am going to replace all
the wiring from the alternator and install a ground bus  in between the
battery ground and the engine.  I will then ground all my other circuits to
that bus.

Hopefully that will fix this problem.  Any other suggestions / advise
welcome.

--
Ian Matthew
"Siento el Viento"  C&C 29-1