Sorry about the extra traffic.  Trying subscribing using my gmail account to
see if the html problem persists there.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Brass via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: February 13, 2022 11:54 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Rick Brass <rickbr...@earthlink.net>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Forward hatch gasket needed

When I rebuilt my A&H foredeck hatches (two of them now) I bought the seal
material from a local glass shop that installs commercial plate glass windows
like you see in stores and office buildings. I forget what the tubular rubber
seal is actually called. But if you take a couple of inches of what you have
into the glass shop, they can cut you a length of the great big roll they
probably have . I can't recall if I used 3/8" diameter or 1/2". The adhesive I
used was 3M trim adhesive that would be used to install a rubrail on a car.

The idea of going to McMaster Carr is also a good idea, and a lot less
expensive that buying from A&H or another boat supplier. The only downside is
what you do with the 90+ feet of rubber you will have left over after you
rebuild the hatch.

Rick Brass
Imzadi C&C 38 mk1
la Belle Aurore C&C 25