Hi all,

Mark Peterson and I did a little birding yesterday in SE CO, primarily
in Bent County.

The best birding was at the west end of John Martin Res. where we had
an adult YCNH amongst the double digit Black-crowned Night-Herons,
numerous Great Blue Herons, a few Snowy Egrets, and single Great
Egret.  Also present were large numbers of American White Pelicans
(100+) and American Avocets.  Unfortunately, we did not see the
Neotropic Cormorant that has been around that same area.

We also saw the previously reported Least Bittern at the Ft. Lyon SWA.

Brad Steger
El Paso County