Hi all,

I found an adult Yellow-crowned Night-Heron at Hansen Nature Park (southern
part of Fountain Creek Regional Park) this morning around 10:30 am.  From the
Hansen Nature Park parking lot, take a small social trail that goes north
through the woods.  When you reach the marsh, you will notice two fallen down
willow trees on your left (and a gigantic willow tree straight ahead on the
edge of the trail).  If you look west across the water to the opposite bank,
the heron was standing in the reeds.  When I left the bird was still there and
a person walking two large dogs did not spook it.

Other birds at Fountain Creek Regional Park this morning (mostly FOYs):
- Snowy Egret (South Rice's Pond)
- Sora (seen and heard, Nature Center pond)
- Barn Swallows (South Rice's Pond, Nature Center)
- Northern Rough-winged Swallows (Hansen Nature Park)
- Chipping Sparrows (Nature Center)
- Say's Phoebe (Hansen Nature Park - I have seen many this Spring, but this is
my first one in the park)
- Yellow-rumped Warbler (Hansen Nature Park)
- Yellow-headed Blackbird (South Rice's Pond)

At Fort Carson at sunrise this morning, I observed a FOY Swainson's Hawk.  A
Long-billed Curlew flew low over the airfield while I conducted a bird survey.
There is a small reservoir below the airfield that I presume the bird flew up
from.

Good birding,

Kara Lewantowicz
Colorado Springs, CO (west side)