Today between 5:00 and 6:15, I was birding in the Cobb Lake Unit of the
Wellington State Wildlife Area in Larimer County. This Unit is between East
County Roads 56 and 58, just west of North County Road 3 and Cobb Lake.
While setting up my scope to look at the good sampling of ducks, I heard
and then saw an Eastern Phoebe perched on a branch, calling and "wagging"
its tail. It was a bit wary, and I was only able to get very blurry photos.
(The bird was clearly a flycatcher-type; round, dark head; white throat,
whiteish breast to undertails (admittedly poor light); dark tail; call
matched the recording "chip calls_NY" in Sibley's eGuide.)

Brad Biggerstaff
Fort Collins