Hi all

Two or three years ago we found a Yellow-crowned Night Heron attempting to
breed with one of the Black-crowned Night Herons (unsuccessful ... 3 or 4
eggs though).  I found a Yellow-crowned Night Heron yesterday at Glenmere
Park while on my birding journey.  It just so happened I felt inclined to
scan all trees carefully--becaue I had not seen any "white birds" and was
determined to find one (lone Snowy Egret).  While scanning on north side of
park at the bench along the shore I carefully went tree-to-tree looking at
each bird (lots of Black-crowneds).  At the top of tree on west I noticed a
Black-crowned pair and next to it what looked like a smaller bird which
caused me to say "hmmm, this sleeping bird is different, smaller and I can
notice feather pattern on back more noticeably".  I watched it for long
while and "wallah" it raised it's head; turned around; and even faced me--a
Yellow-crowned Night Heron!  If it is the same yellow-crowned from 2-3
years ago it stayed for about a month and a half.

Photos:
http://coloradobirder.ning.com/photo/albums/yellow-crowned-night-heron-glenmere-park-greeley

Latham/Beebe Draw (oil rig going up directly across from south large
flooded area on north side of WCR 48):

Lots of usuals
Long-billed Dowitcher
Great Egret - 2