I was at Chatfield SP soon after sunrise this morning. Here are some
highlights in addition to the aforementioned *Red-Throated Loon*. The
reservoir was more birdy than in recent weeks, with lots of flocks birds
flying around and more birds on the water in some areas of the lake. From
the North Boat Launch (JEF) A flock of 6 *Swans* flew south. I suspect they
were Tundra Swans, but they were backlist and somewhat distant so I could
not be sure. Then a group of white geese flew south, comprised of 4 *Ross's
Geese* leading 2 *Snow Geese*. A female *Long-tailed Duck *was foraging
near the dam, remaining under water most of the time and sticking right
along the rocks where she blended in well during her brief surface time.
Also noted from here were a *Thayer's Gull* and a *Red-breasted Merganser*.
Birds seen from the Marina Sandspit (DOU) included 2 *Greater Scaup*, a
*Merlin*, a *Bald Eagle*, another *Red-breasted Merganser* and a decent
variety of other ducks.

South Platte Reservoir had few birds and none unusual, with a *Killdeer*
being the best there.

At Ken Caryl Valley (JEF) I had a *Northern Shrike *between the Lyons and
Dakota hogbacks, a *Golden Eagle*, a *Prairie Falcon*, 4 *Evening Grosbeaks*
in a Russian olive along South Valley Drive, and a *Ruby-crowned Kinglet*
and *Harris's Sparrow* in my yard.

Three* Red Crossbills* (Type 2) flew over my house on Dec 5.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO