I did a quick trip over to the east side of the San Luis Valley today and
picked up a few notable species. I also had to visit lakes and do fishing
conditions reports so half birding half fishing focus.

Alamosa Golf Course: 3 Cattle Egrets.
Smith Reservoir: A hundred Franklin's Gulls and tern spp off in the
distance.
Sanchez Reservoir: Rock Wren and Common Mergansers. Caught and released a
carp!
Mountain Home Reservoir: Willet

Got windy in the pm, which is bad for birding and fishing. Went home for
pizza!

Best of day was a Gray Flycatcher near Bowen (Rio Grande County) before
winds!

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO